<$BlogRSDUrl$>

sábado, fevereiro 12, 2005

One Lonely Afternoon*


One Lonely Afternoon

Since the fern can't go to the sink for a drink of
water, I graciously submit myself to the task, bringing two
glasses from the sink.
And so we sit, the fern and I, sipping water together.


Of course I'm more complex than a fern, full of deep
thoughts as I am. But I lay this aside for the easy company
of an afternoon friendship.

I don't mind sipping water with a fern, even though,
had I my druthers, I'd be speeding through the sky for
Stockholm, sipping a bloody mary with a wedge of lime.

And so we sit one lonely afternoon sipping water
together. The fern looking out of its fronds, and I, looking
out of mine . . .

Russell Edson



Exercício #5


Uma tarde solitária

Uma vez que o feto não pode ir até à pia beber
água, atenciosamente submeti-me a essa tarefa, trazendo dois
copos da pia.
Assim sentamo-nos os dois, o feto e eu, bebericando água juntos.


Claro que eu sou mais complexo que um feto, tão cheio de profundos
pensamentos como sou. Mas ponho isto de lado pela companhia fácil
de uma tarde de amizade.

Eu não me importo de bebericar água com um feto, embora,
se me dessem a escolher, estivesse a percorrer velozmente o céu até
Estocolmo, bebericando um bloody mary com uma rodela de lima.

Assim sentamo-nos numa tarde solitária bebericando água
juntos. O feto cuidando das suas folhas, e eu, cuidando
das minhas...


Tradução de Sandra Costa

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?